We love our amazing national parks. But love = way overcrowded at many parks, particularly during the summer months. Check out great times to visit our most popular national parks in the USA. Note that some attractions, roads or accommodations may be closed during some parts of the year.
• Acadia (Maine),
September to early October
• Great Smoky Mountains (Tennessee/North Carolina),
Late August, early spring.
• Glacier (Montana), Spring.
• Grand Canyon (Arizona),
• Grand Teton and Yellowstone (Wyoming, Montana, Idaho),
• Olympic (Washington),
September to early October.
• Rocky Mountain (Colorado),
• Yosemite (California), Spring.
• Zion (Utah), Spring and fall.
– Jan Schroder, Editor-in-chief